- We are working with teaching artists who will serve as event reporters. They’ll capture their perspectives on the event, and we’ll publish their work in a report that will come out in May. You’ll be able to find information about the report on the AEP and TAG websites.
- We hope this is just the first in a series of conversations about this important topic! Make sure you’re subscribed to ArtsEd Digest to get information about future opportunities.
On April 5-7, 2022, join us for a virtual event in support of teaching artists across the country. Our Shared Future: Imagining a New Landscape for Teaching Artists will feature sessions that dig into the current realities and hopeful futures of teaching artistry.
About the Event
Are you interested in teaching artistry and its critical role in strengthening learning as we begin to think about pandemic recovery? We invite you to convene virtually to network and learn from and with teaching artists about the arts education ecosystem and how we can strengthen their role in the system.
We know that teaching artists have the potential to change the world. In this time of immense struggle, join us for artmaking, panel discussions, roundtables and small-group conversations as we collaborate to build more inclusive environments for learners of all ages.
How to Register for Our Shared Future
Registration for this special event is now open! You can register here today and we’ll send you the latest news on this special opportunity to connect with other teaching artists and arts education leaders committed to deepening the impact of your work!
You can get involved in the conference by nominating a Teaching Artist for an Award in the 2022 TAG Awards (formerly the ATA Awards), which seek to raise the visibility of Teaching Artists within the arts in education and community arts fields and in the organizations and institutions for which they work as well as honor innovation in teaching artistry. Nominations are open now!
Planning on attending at least 2 days of the conference? Twenty TAs will be chosen as field reporters, and will receive a $200 stipend! Apply here by March 24.
Get involved locally by participating in a regional event, hosted by partners across the country (all times listed are local):
- 2/22 & 2/24 @ 5pm EST: Southeastern Listening Tour
- 3/29 @ 6:30pm EST: Independent Contractor v. Employee (Teaching Artists of the Mid-Atlantic)
- 3/31 @ 5:30pm PDT: Pacific Northwest Gathering
- 4/5-4/7 EST: Kansas Regional Event
- 4/6 @ 2:15pm EST: Nosh & Networking with Teaching Artists ROC (Western NY)
- 4/6 @ 3pm PDT: Thriving as an Equitable and Inclusive Teaching Artist in Los Angeles
- 4/8 @ 3:30pm PST: Pacific Northwest Gathering
- 4/12-4/28: Face to Face 2022 (NYC)
- 4/12 @ 4:00pm EST: Teaching Artist Tuesdays (North Carolina)
- 4/22-24: Artist INC Express – Teaching Artists (Arkansas)
Information and reference materials mentioned or shown during this presentation are provided by presenters; their inclusion does not constitute an endorsement by either the U.S. Department of Education or National Endowment for the Arts.