TAG is working hard to build and maintain the most comprehensive list of Teaching Artist Training Programs anywhere.
It is part of our long-term roadmap to add these programs to the Asset Map, but in the meantime we hope the list below is useful for those looking for professional development and training opportunities.
- Austin TX
- Boston MA Area
- Chicago IL
- Chicago IL Area
- Cleveland OH Area
- Los Angeles CA
- New Haven CT
- New Mexico
- New Orleans LA Area
- New York
- New York City
- Northeast Texas
- Philadelphia PA
- San Diego CA Area
- San Francisco Bay Area
- South Florida
- Twin Cities Area
- Washington State
Workshops and Teacher Certification
- DanceAbility International
- Workshops in different locations internationally; offices in Eugene, OR
- Serving: National/International
- Training in DanceAbility's method of inclusive teaching for groups of differing abilities. There are 1- or 2- week abbreviated workshops, or a 4-week teacher certification training.
Vermont Creative Schools Initiative Planning intensive
- Creative Engagement Lab (Teaching Artist Academy)
- Champlain College, Burlington, VT
- Serving: National
- Week-long program for educators and arts leaders to learn from and collaborate with peers.
New Orleans Teaching Artist Institute
- Contemporary Arts Center New Orleans
- Contemporary Arts Center, New Orleans, LA
- Serving: Greater New Orleans
- Three-day workshop covering many different topics in teaching artistry. A certificate is received upon completion.
Teaching Artist Project
- Community-Word Project
- New York, NY
- Serving: New York Ciy
- Teaching Artist Project is a collective of diversely experienced arts educators training emerging and working teaching artists who are looking for a supportive community to engage in a self-reflective, justice-oriented learning practice in service of their teaching. The program entails a rigorous, 8-month curriculum, rich in social justice-based pedagogy that also provides supervised on-the-job experience.
Community Arts Education Leadership Institute (CAELI)
- Community Arts Education Leadership Institute
- Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Serving: National
- A seven-month leadership development program with 5-day seminar at Bryn Mawr College. Designed for current or future executive leaders of community arts organizations. Includes assignments, feedback, and follow-up coaching.