TAG is working hard to build and maintain the most comprehensive list of Teaching Artist Training Programs anywhere.
It is part of our long-term roadmap to add these programs to the Asset Map, but in the meantime we hope the list below is useful for those looking for professional development and training opportunities.
- Austin TX
- Boston MA Area
- Chicago IL
- Chicago IL Area
- Cleveland OH Area
- Los Angeles CA
- New Haven CT
- New Mexico
- New Orleans LA Area
- New York
- New York City
- Northeast Texas
- Philadelphia PA
- San Diego CA Area
- San Francisco Bay Area
- South Florida
- Twin Cities Area
- Washington State
Teaching Artist Institute of Rochester
- Teaching Artist Project
- Rochester, NY
- Serving: Rochester, NY
- The Teaching Artist Institute of Rochester (TAIR) is a professional development series for emerging and advanced teaching artists to expand their teaching practice and connect with a community of artists.
Ballet Teacher Training Program ‘The Method of Teaching Classical Dance”, Kosrovitskaya/Vaganova, Six Year Accelerated Program
- Classical Dance Alliance
- New York, NY
- Serving: United States and Europe
- THE SIX-YEAR PROGRAM was written by Vera Kostrovitskaya for the Vaganova Academic Choreographic School in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg) as an accelerated version of the Eight-Year Program. CDA's Program helps teachers develop student proficiency: elementary to advanced.
Artistic Mental Health Professional Certification
- Healing Arts Education
- This 60-hour training course prepares a cohort of artists to act as Artistic Mental Health Professionals: a critical new role in our creative community. Trauma-informed, resilience-focused, practical tools for you and your space, for all ages.
Trauma-Informed Practice for Teaching Artists
- Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation
- Serving: Philadelphia and Nationally
- Virtual trauma-informed practice training for teaching artists, arts education administrators and organizations.
Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
- Serving: Florida
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts is a hub for teaching artists with a variety of classes taught by highly validated professionals. Explore the creative potential residing in everyone, and the applications towards creative practice. All the workshops can be taken as single units of particular interest, or as a full concentration resulting in certificates of completion.
MFA/MA Applied Drama & Theatre for the Young
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ypsilanti, MI
- Serving: Metro Ann Arbor/Detroit Area
- The Applied Drama & Theatre for the Young Program allows students to expand and sharpen their craft as both an artist and educator. The program focuses on the symbiotic relationship of theatre artistry, pedagogy, and scholarship and applies practice