TAG is working hard to build and maintain the most comprehensive list of Teaching Artist Training Programs anywhere.
It is part of our long-term roadmap to add these programs to the Asset Map, but in the meantime we hope the list below is useful for those looking for professional development and training opportunities.
- Austin TX
- Boston MA Area
- Chicago IL
- Chicago IL Area
- Cleveland OH Area
- Los Angeles CA
- New Haven CT
- New Mexico
- New Orleans LA Area
- New York
- New York City
- Northeast Texas
- Philadelphia PA
- San Diego CA Area
- San Francisco Bay Area
- South Florida
- Twin Cities Area
- Washington State
The Creative Center Training Institute for Artists and Administrators in Creative Aging
- The Creative Center
- The Creative Center at University Settlement, New York, NY
- Serving: National
- Week-long institute covering different issues in creative aging and teaching arts to older adults. Presentations, workshops, and site visits.
SFCC Teaching Artist Certification Project
- South Florida Cultural Consortium Teaching Artist Certification Program
- Serving: South Florida
- Experienced teaching artists working with youth apply for endorsement from the organization. If accepted, candidate is invited to participate in a practicum to demonstrate their skills.
Teaching Artist Training
- San Diego Teaching Artist Institute (Young Audiences)
- San Diego, CA
- Serving: San Diego Area
- Four-month training for teaching artists working with K-12 includes pedagogy, mentor observation, and a practicum. Institute also has individual workshops.
Face to Face
- NYC Arts in Education Roundtable
- City College of New York, New York, NY
- Serving: New York City
- Conference for arts educators, including specific programming for teaching artists.