In 2021, Project NIA commissioned an essay by writer and artist Benji Hart, expanding on some comments they offered during a presentation about how they …
COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR TEACHING ARTISTS
During the webinar, many excellent resources were shared by panelists and participants alike, and there were numerous requests for a “master list” to be collected and published for the benefit of everyone in the field.
On this page, we have published the recording of that nation-wide webinar (the transcript of that webinar is available for download here), as well as our master list of resources, and a form that will allow you to submit more resources for the benefit of the community.
Questions to Ask Your Employer re: Compensation
- In what capacity are you employed as a teaching artist? Employee? Independent Contractor?
- Am I eligible for paid sick time? If so, how much do I have accrued and where do I find that information?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- When and how can I use paid sick time? – varies from state to state
- If my children are sick?
- If I have to care for a loved one?
- If schools close due to a pandemic
- If I don’t want to go to work due to safety concern
- What is your class cancelation policy for pay for teaching artists?
- Are you putting into place any emergency pay measures?